KEPCo’s member cooperatives are not-for-profit electric utilities dedicated to providing their membership with the lowest energy bill possible. To support this goal, KEPCo partners with its member cooperatives in providing an energy efficiency rebate program.
KEPCo’s program promotes energy efficiency and conservation by offering rebates for the purchase and installation of high efficiency electric water heaters, air-source heat pumps, and geothermal (ground-source) heat pumps. The rebates are provided to KEPCo’s member cooperatives to be passed on to the retail customer.
Investing in energy efficient appliances provides a number of significant benefits to electric customers. Energy efficient appliances use less energy, which results in lower energy bills without sacrificing comfort. In addition, energy efficient appliances are environmentally friendly, increase property values, mitigate the financial impact of fluctuating energy prices, and improve quality of life through the technological advancements available in new, energy efficient appliances.
If considering replacing aging and/or inefficient appliances, KEPCo’s Energy Efficiency Rebate Program makes energy efficient appliances more accessible and affordable.
Contact your local KEPCo member cooperative for additional Energy Efficiency Rebate Program details.
Rebate Program Qualifications:
KEPCo provides a $100 rebate to its members to be passed on to the retail customer for water heaters.
- The minimum unit size of eligible water heaters is 40 gallons.
- For any unit purchased and installed prior to April 16, 2016, a water heater less than 60 gallons must have an Energy Factor (EF) of .93 or above. For any unit purchased prior to April 16, 2016, a water heater 60 gallons or larger must have an EF of .91 or above.
- For any unit purchased and installed after April 16, 2016, there are no EF requirements.
KEPCo does not rebate on-demand electric water heaters.
Rebates will be paid in the amount of $50 per half-ton for an Air-Source Heat Pump with a minimum Seasonal Energy Efficiency Ratio (SEER) of 14.5, $75 per half-ton with a SEER of 16, and $100 per half-ton with a SEER of 17 and above.
Effective January 1, 2017, there is no minimum size requirement.
Geothermal heat pumps must be a minimum unit size of 2 tons. Rebate payment amounts are $125 per one-half ton.
- A Closed Loop system must have a minimum Coefficient of Performance (COP) of 3.3 and a minimum Energy Efficiency Ratio (EER) of 14.1.
- An Open Loop system must have a minimum COP of 3.6 and a minimum EER of 16.2.